Dispatch/Delivery Driver (Full Time, Permanent) – Kingston, ON
JOB POSTING – Dispatcher/Driver
Ontario Medical Supply (OMS) is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers. Please visit our website at www.oms.ca
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Reports to: Operations Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan
- Perform service request intake from clients; assign, schedule and dispatch service technicians for remote or onsite service according to urgency and contractual service level agreement.
- Delivery/pick-up equipment, medication, or supply parcels
- Act as the single point of contact to the client for all types of Mobility Service requests
- Coordination of all support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, direct client input and sales team.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed upon issues with orders.
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels.
- Communicate required maintenance for fleet vehicles to the Mobility Service Supervisor.
- Additional responsibilities would also include reception, order processing, invoicing, and warehouse work.
- Completion of high school.
- Minimum of 1-2 years full time working experience as a dispatcher preferred
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required.
- Must have active full driver’s license in Ontario and produce a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be able to work weekend and flexible evening weekday shifts
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Strong customer service skills/proven ability to interact with the elderly.
- Strong client relationship management experience is a must.
- Health and safety awareness training is an asset.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment (must demonstrate organization, flexibility, adaptability, and sound time management skills).
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #OMS-4013 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ontario Medical Supply Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.