Pharmacy Technology Implementation and Support Specialist – Markham, ON
Job Posting: Pharmacy Technology Implementation and Support Specialist
Medical Pharmacies is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers. Please visit our website at www.medicalpharmacies.com
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
· Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
· Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
· Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
· Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
· Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Pharmacy Technology Implementation and Support Specialist
Location: Markham, ON
Reports to: Pharmacy Technology Lead
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Annually, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plans
The Pharmacy Technology Implementation and Support Specialist is responsible for the deployment, support, testing, optimization and upkeep of various Pharmacy Technologies. These systems include but are not limited to:
- Pharmacy Automation (PacMed)
- Optical Verification (PacVision)
- Digital Pen Technologies (MediDigital)
Indirect involvement with other systems, including
- eMar (Point Click Care, Medicare, Catalyst)
- Internal Applications (Consultant Tools, Shipment Applications)
- Primary support person during regular business hours.
- After hours and weekend support as required
- Perform store and site trainings as required for various Pharmacy Technologies
- Perform internal trainings, as required, for Head Office staff and Clinical Consultant Pharmacists (CCP’s).
- Onsite support during Pharmacy Technology installations
- Help create and update documentation for training and support of the various technologies.
- Coordinate project sub tasks, under the direction of the Pharmacy Technology Lead
- To help develop and be responsible for the execution of Test Plans used to evaluate and a software systems
- Investigate and respond to support tickets
- Perform data extracts and analysis across multiple technologies to help optimize and test systems. Help to create and define system metrics
- A general understanding of technology and application architecture
- Ability to learn new software systems
- An understanding or background in Pharmacy is a strong asset
- Strong problem solving ability
- Customer focused
- Ability to lead a training session
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficient in Excel
- Detail oriented and analytical skills
- Occasional travel, nationally, when required.
We thank you for your interest in Medical Pharmacies Group, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #3989 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.